Top 10 Bikes I've Owned
My last entry in this column was my Thanksgiving Top 10 as related to motorcycles. This is another, only of my top ten bikes. In over 55 years of riding, wrenching, and flipping motors (115 so far), These are the bikes that for one reason or another are my favorites. So in no particular order, here we go.
- 1964 Suzuki 50cc, the bike I learned to ride on and also my 1st bike
- 1980 Honda CB750F, got me into touring and my first trip to Canada
- 1973 Yamaha DT250, countless miles of trail riding and my first racer
- 1978 Harley Superglide, how I survived the crazy years with this and a couple other bikes, I’ll never know. I think that’s why I believe in guardian angels
- 1982 Honda Goldwing Interstate, trips to Canada and Florida. Depp sea fishing with my uncle in the Gulf of Mexico
- 1978 Harley XLCR, this and Rickman Metisse Triumphs I believe to be the best looking bikes ever
- 1977 Bultaco Alpina 350, traded a Pursang for it. I completely stripped it down, powder coated the frame and rebuilt the rest. This is the bike I rebuilt to go fishing on, I still only go fishing on dirt bikes
- 1970 Triumph T100’s, I’ve owned 2 of them and still have my “C” model. To me, it looks how a motorcycle should
- 2009 Harley Road King, So many trips and memories. There’s a reason they call it “King”
- 1999 Buell M2 Cyclone, just stupid fun
In time I’m sure my Harley Sport Glide will make this list. I’ve had great times and trips with my son and nephew on this bike.
Looking back at this list I am amazed at how many street bikes that made it. I’ve owned far more dirt bikes and still swear that if I could only own 1 bike it would be a dirt bike. I currently am hunting for another, as I recently sold my NX650.